Friday, November 2, 2012

A healthy addiction for those hunger pains.

Anyone that has ever tried to follow a "competition" diet knows that almost always a HUGE requirement is eating chicken.... lots and lots of chicken.   Boiled, grilled, baked, blah blah blah.   After a few weeks it really starts to feel like you are gonna have feathers popping out of your skin because of all the chicken your eating.   While I have been very fortunate that my current "competition" diet allows some variety with my protein (egg, chicken, turkey, ground beef, buffalo, etc).  I have found that I have to choke down physical chicken breasts if I try to eat them.  The chicken has usually been my downfall the last few times I have tried variety's of this current diet.    Luckily some of my "team mates" found an great alternative for me.  Jamie Easons Turkey Meatloaf Muffins.    These muffins are heaven sent for me right now.   When I'm getting burnt out with egg whites in the morning, I break it up by throwing in half a serving of a muffin and giving my egg whites some flavor.    I personally make these muffins with either ground turkey or ground chicken.   I change up the spices every time to keep my variety going.

I highly recommend these to anyone that is trying to clean up their eating but can't "stomach" plain chicken breast.



~Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment