Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 2 of my fresh start

I stepped on the scale Monday to see a very evil number.  I knew I had been slacking as I could no longer fit in the size six or eight jeans I had been wearing lately, but I didn't think I had gotten this out of control.  Unfortunately I had, my scale now read a dangerously high number that was about as high as where I was two years ago. YUCK!!!!   All that hard work, all those two a day workouts, gone!!!!  

And yes I want to blame it heavily on my food allergies, and in reality those allergies are a huge part of it.  But the simple fact is I'm the only person to blame for that number creeping so high.  I'm the one that stopped working out because I was feeling so yucky, I'm the one that didn't take the time to plan out my meals and find foods that I can eat now instead resulting in only one or two meals a day and those being very high fat and high calorie meals.   

I now realize that the next few weeks are going to be brutal as I re train my mind how to eat and as I suffer through some allergic reactions as I figure out exactly what I can eat.   Its actually pretty simple, I need to learn what foods I won't react to, weed out the unhealthy choices in those foods, and what I'm left with is what I will be eating for the rest of my life.    Its really not that hard, train my mind into knowing that I'm not eatting these healthy foods to loose weight, I'm eating these healthy foods because thats all I can eat and not react to.

Getting my butt back to exercising is gonna be the harder part.  I have no motivation to exercise when I have a headache, and for the last six months I've been struggling with a headache almost daily.  But instead of jumping in hard core, maybe I need to just ease my way back into it and before I know it I will feel better when I exercise and that will give me more incentive to keep going.

Now the last factor I need to plan for.  TIME!   I currently work a 9-5 job, work part time at a deli for an additional ten to fifteen hours a week, I work four hours on Saturday, I'm an elected official, and the president of the Lions club.    Free time is something that is hard to come by for me lately.    But if I start to schedule my workouts ahead of time, and set them as an appointment in my phone, I will know that I need to get my workouts accomplished every day no matter what.   Some days maybe they will be longer more intense workouts, somedays maybe they will just be twenty minutes on the treadmill, but every little bit counts.  

If losing weight were easy, we wouldn't be a nation that is in the midst of an obesity epidemic.  But if I can do this with all the health problems, and time constraints...... anyone can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment